To Do list
Well, everyone else is doing this, so I figured I'd give it a shot 1. How long have you been on DeviantArt? I guess around 7 years or so haha. On my original account, I went by the name futerartist101 for a year or two, and then because I hated that username (and back then they didn't have an easy way to change) I made a new account. Sadly, I deactivated it, so I lost all of the info on there. :/ ah well.2. What does your username mean?
Well, when I made the transition from futerartist101 to blubird101, I was trying to almost reinvent my whole style and start fresh. I chose blubird101 because I loved blue birds and the color blue, plus I planned on naming my new fursona blu, since I always loved that name.
bluebird101 was already taken 3. Describe yourself in three words.
Quirky, Optimistic, Shy
4. Are you left or right handed? Right-handed.5. What was your first deviation?
Sadly, since I don't have my old computer anymore and my old account was deactivated, I'll just have to go with what I can dig up. The oldest one I could find was this one. (yay for old ms paint art using my mouse xD)
6. What is your favourite type of art to create? Oh any really. I do a lot of digital work here, but I actually started out as a traditional artist. I love doing black and white charcoal drawings, and I do some painting too. Both acrylic and oil. I've also tried some sculpting, and even some special effects makeup! I just keep the cats and digital art to here, since that seems to be what people enjoy from me. (:
7. If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be? Ugh I would love to just be able to paint without thinking it out. Be able to accurately represent everything I see in my mind and draw any animal or human I wanted. I can do it, but my best works come from reference material and careful planning.8. What was your first favourite?
Alas, since my futerartist101 account is deactivated, I can't show you the first one ever. But, I can tell you that I came to deviantart after I found a deviant by the name of scrillzbee
on youtube with her cat drawings, and she's what inspired me to come on here and try my hand at digital art. Here are some of her works.
(this one is actually an old fursona of mine
But, as for first favorites on accounts go, I'll just give you the first favorite on my new account.
9. What type of art do you tend to favourite the most? Art from my friends, as well as beautifully digitally painted works for inspiration. I also love to collect tutorials for reference.
10. Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist? Too many to pick. Here are a few names for ya... RatSpeak Zakeno emurakawa autumnicity Etomo tracyjb yuumei akeli akreon vesner
11. If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be? Some of my lovely friends (: several of those mentioned above. (:
12. How has a fellow deviant impacted your life? No one is better than the other. Obviously those friends that I've made on here have helped me grow emotionally and artistically. They're always here to help and make me feel like my art matters <33 Thank you to all of you who support me.
13. What are your preferred tools to create art? MS Paint for digital art, acrylic for traditional art, charcoal for black and white drawings.
14. What is the most inspirational place for you to create art? No specific place. I love to be observant everywhere I go, but I love going into nature to gather ideas. As for the actual place I create my art, usually just somewhere bright and where I can move around. I love to have movies or music playing in the background.15. What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
Probably when I got my first commission, or when I had my first deviant tell me that I've inspired them in some way. I love hearing that and giving advice where I can. (:
Well yeah, guess that's it. Thanks for reading folks! Also, thanks for all the birthday wishes!
Feature of the month/week
The feature of this month (and part of next) is........